No more nappy pins and pricking fingers! These great Snappi Fasteners are the modern way to keep the nappies on safely. Highly recommended for use when the babies are younger and/or you are using the liquid poo fold.
- Great for Newborn baby liquid poo - Contains Newborn explosions better than anything else we've tried!
- Stretchable non-toxic material
- One size fits all
- Snappi offers a practical and reliable solution to fitting a cloth nappy, the alternative to nappy pins!
Instructions below, or click HERE to view a video
STRETCH the Snappi fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the ‘memory’ of the Snappi to return to its original size, and in doing so, will pull the nappy to the middle to allow for a snug fit. It also makes it more pliable/elastic and therefore easier to use. This is essential for the Snappi to work properly. See below for instructions on how to.
To attach hold the nappy with one hand and attach the snappi with the other. Hook the snappi to the left of the nappy then to the right and then pull tightly down in the centre to form a Y shape. Don't be afraid to put it on tight, they are very stretchy! Most importantly when attaching the snappi make sure you hold onto the tab and not the loops otherwise OUCHY!
In other words, the Snappi fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
When attaching the Snappi, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. The loops can be used as an added safety feature - secure them over the teeth of the Snappi when it is not in use - in order to cover the teeth.
Make sure that the Snappi teeth have gripped properly into the nappy fabric and that it is ATTACHED SECURELY with all 3 arms. The 3 points of tension are important as it is the third arm that will help prevent the Snappi from coming undone.
By following these instructions, the Snappi should be secure and the nappy will fit snugly. It is ESSENTIAL to use a cover over the nappy and Snappi fastener.
How to Stretch the Snappi before use
Stretch the Snappi by holding it in the center with one hand and with your other hand, grab close to the end of one of the arms, avoiding the sharp teeth, and pull. Do not grab the Snappi by the loops. Repeat this about 10 times for each arm. You will notice the material begin to soften up and become more elastic. Once you do this for each arm your Snappi Nappy Fastener is ready for use!
- Snappi's are not toys. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
- Replace your Snappi if there is any physical damage or weak spots.
- Do NOT use a Snappi on a child who is able to undo it or remove their nappy/clothing.
- Snappi's should only be fastened by an adult.
- Use a nappy cover over a Snappi fastener.
- Do not leave your Snappi in the sun for extended periods as this can eventually weaken the Snappi.
Clean your Snappi in hot soapy water. Do not launder with nappy cloths in the washing machine as the grips could damage your nappies.
- Any tear in the Snappi can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard.
- Do not cut your Snappi as this could create weak spots in your Snappi.
- Do not pull on the loops of the Snappi when attaching, as this can cause breakage. These loops serve as a safety feature only, as explained above. Use the flat, solid tabs for leverage.
- Inspect your Snappi before each use. Discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of any parts.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A TOY, AND SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF CHILDREN'S REACH WHEN NOT IN USE. Pull the ring over the teeth of the fastener to avoid eager siblings getting pricked when the fastener is handled.
Returning items is really easy, but make sure you read carefully all our conditions below before you fill out our Returns Form. You will find our Returns Form at the bottom of this page. Please wait for return approval before sending back, as we cannot accept items without return authorisation. The returns address will be sent to you once your submission has been reviewed.
- Returns cannot be accepted for sizing and fit reasons.
- If you seek a refund on any item purchased using a promotional offer, the value of the discount will not be refunded to you.
- Gift cards or clearance items are not eligible for returns.
Change of Mind
Please choose carefully as we are not obligated to refund any item unless it is faulty. Contact us with any queries prior to your purchase as we do not allow returns where you have changed your mind about a product eg. choose a different brand, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you do not like the purchase or have no use for it.
We are happy to exchange your items within 30 days of the date of dispatch of your order, providing you meet the requirements below. Please note, we may charge a restocking and/or shipping fee.
- Return must be within 30 days since dispatch of your purchase.
- Proof of purchase must be provided.
- Item must be unused and in original condition, including tags attached and packaging unopened.
- Returns Form must be completed and submitted online AND printed and sent with item - you will receive an email once you have completed the Returns Form, which you can print to send with your item(s).
Cotton Prefolds, Boosters and Snug Wrap Nappy Covers: these items may be covered by our 2-child limited warranty. Please read the 2-child-limited-warranty-policy to check your eligibility.
We trust our products completely, so our products have a standard warranty against defects in materials and workmanship as well as a 2-Child Limited Warranty. We are committed to complying with all our obligations under consumer laws. If a product fails due to a major manufacturing fault or material defect, you can ask for a replacement. Or we will repair it free of charge if that is possible and practical. For a minor fault or defect, we may repair it free of charge, or if it is not practical to repair it, we will replace it at our discretion. In the event we have made an error, we will cover all shipping costs.
Our standard warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship:
- defective velcro (hook and loop);
- defective stitching;
- defective PUL;
- defective zippers; and
- flaws in fabric.
Our standard warranty does not cover:
- normal wear and tear;
- change of mind;
- sale items;
- the natural breakdown beyond the reasonable life of the materials and components (e.g. fading, pilling and shrinkage in certain fabrics) – natural fibres will shrink after washing;
- modifications or alterations (e.g. cutting, stitching and removing parts including the care label);
- damage caused by improper use (e.g. not using wash tabs);
- improper care and maintenance (i.e. not following our care instructions, exposing to high heat or chemicals causing delamination);
- snags; or
- improper storage;
- incorrect use and fitting of the products, leaking;
- not fitting
As with any clothing item, our nappies and covers will undergo normal and expected ageing as would happen with any item when repeated washing for extended lengths of time occurs.
Please refer to our real-nappies-care-instructions for more information.
Returning damaged goods
All damaged items returned to us, must be in a non-smelly, clean, stain-free and dry condition. If items are smelly or soiled when returned to us, we will return them to you at your expense. We will not accept any item that is damaged or is missing parts for reasons not due to our error, or any item returned more than 30 days after delivery dispatch date. If you wish to return your damaged goods to us, please make sure you meet all of the requirements below.
Once a returned item is received and inspected, we will notify you of the outcome of your return request.
We reserve the right to choose at our discretion if we will repair, replace or refund via store credit or original payment method the item you have returned.
You will be responsible for paying for shipping costs when returning items.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item. We are not responsible for any lost returned items.
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If your order qualified for free shipping, your refund will be the total amount paid MINUS actual shipping costs.
Apply for Return
If you wish to apply for a return, please fill out our Returns Form.
2-child limited warranty
We are so sure our nappies will last, we have an extra warranty on them for two children.
Beautiful and soft
Soft, colourful covers and gentle snuggly cotton inserts for baby's comfort.
Saving money and without compromising the planet.